Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Life in Kedah

After a long holiday for about 5 months, I am still stuck here in Kedah doing nothing productive. Luckily, justin came here to pay me a visit. So, I have been bringing him around Kedah these few days. And that is one of the reason why there isn't any new post for almost a week. To be honest, Kedah is quite a boring place. Okay, to be Honest, Kedah is a very very boring place(just ask justin, he will know better). Basically, we just eat, sleep, and watch dvd at home.

However, if u were to throw me to Auckland now, there are definitely a few things that i will miss about Kedah. Firstly, the pirated dvd. It is unbelievably cheap-RM5 each(can you believe it?), you can even change it if it is not clear. My cousin will spend at least RM 100 whenever he comes to visit Kedah(mind you, he has the most impressive collection of pirated dvd I have ever seen).

Secondly, the food is very cheap too. Being a Kedahan, I definitely think that Kedah street food is better than KL. In KL one bowl of prawn noodle will cost u about 4 bucks whereas in Kedah, the noodle is twice as delicious at half the price. And there is a restaurant which we refer to as Lily(I do not even know the real name altho I have been there for more than 30 times), the seafood there is super delicious and cheap.

No comments: